The sportswear segment is in its glory days, benefitting from a need for comfort with more people at home and taking up fitness activities following the outbreak of Covid across the globe.
How can brands navigate the particular post-COVID-19 Apparel market?
- Latest forecasts for the online apparel market out in order to 2025
- How different regions and categories will perform, including which regions are lagging behind and which are performing at pre-pandemic levels
- Which categories within the Apparel market are displaying resilience
- Which usually brands are usually driving on the internet spending
- Impact of inflation often the Global Attire market
- What the biggest trends usually are that apparel businesses should adopt to succeed
Read our report on the Future associated with the Clothes Market Post Pandemic to be able to gain valuable insights on how to best position your brand in a post-COVID-19 world.
Thank you. Make sure you check the email for you to download the Report.
The pandemic has forced a lifestyle shift which has seen people spending significant amounts of time in your own home and prioritising comfort together with wellbeing.
But despite the transition from the height of the pandemic to “the new normal”, consumers do not appear willing to help ditch the particular sweatpants and additionally trainers within favour regarding more formal options, according to information obtained simply by analytics not to mention consulting firm GlobalData which usually says, if anything, the way people dress even inside the office now is becoming more relaxed – retaining elements of formal wear such because shirts and also trousers : but incorporating casual, comfortable items such as trainers.
Between 2015 and 2019, sportswear’s reveal of typically the total clothing market grew three percentage points to 21. 8%.
And in 2020 – the year in which often we witnessed retailers throughout the world shut down throughout a bid to curb the spread of this virus ~ while attire sales fell 19%, sportswear fell just 7%.
Sportswear is here to stay, even if Covid never leaves
In a new survey involving 23, 000 shoppers around 29 global markets around January, GlobalData found shoppers are wearing sportswear “ a couple of times a week” which demonstrates its prevalence in their wardrobes.
Comfort is usually the most important factor among shoppers when it comes to sportswear as well as it needs to be able in order to double up since athleisure put on with cosy fabrics and flexible fits for putting on from often the gym to be able to around the home.
Shoppers also indicated they are likely for you to trade up for better made, longer-lasting items as they are being worn so regularly.
The growing sportswear/athleisure trend is something retailers plus brands will be fast picking up on, with the likes connected with M& S, Asos, Primark and Boohoo all launching sportswear ranges, and often, being able to offer lower prices in addition to trend-led styles when compared with dedicated sports manufacturers.
Casualisation is definitely a long-term thing: Joggers, hoodies and even leggings became wardrobe staples during your Covid pandemic, but actually now when socialisation can be resuming, consumers have become accustomed to the exact comfort sportswear brings them and this will be a go-to choice for many.
Outdoor opportunity: During the outbreak, many took staycations which included hiking together with walks. This is set to help continue, and additionally items like puffer coats will continue to observe accelerated growth. Fashion brand names should partner specialist outdoor clothing companies to leverage technical expertise such as the collaboration that was seen between Gucci and North Face.
Direct to Consumer (DTC) channel: DTC offers models greater control over strategy not to mention cost control. Brands such as Lululemon have primarily sold via its own channels while Nike in recent years has prioritised DTC . At the end with May 2021, DTC made up 38. 7% of its brand revenue.
Apps for engagement: Apps that see makes offer incentives and allow for consumer engagement happen to be helping along with brand loyalty. This could be anything from running clubs in order to monitoring fitness activity which in turn when logged offer points and rewards in return.
Sustainability is certainly King: And will be for the particular foreseeable. Brands are looking to innovate around sustainability following the pandemic. Patagonia is normally one for the pioneers in this particular, encouraging individuals not to buy new and also use repair services while advertised on its website. Other brands are trialling sustainable running shoes such like ON Shoes where consumers wear typically the shoe until it is without a doubt worn out and then replace it with a new one. The particular scheme costs GBP25 a month. However, this is a cost numerous consumers may not be ready to be able to incur seeing that sustainability concerns are often outweighed by cost concerns.
Strategies for brand name success on sportswear
- Ensuring online channels are up to scratch . For instance, any efforts to increase their reliance upon direct customer channels need to focus on-line platforms, both through the brand’s website as well as mobile apps. This is especially important as Covid-19 has created a permanent shift in buyer behaviour for you to shopping online.
- Partner with relevant sportspeople and teams to help boost company credibility plus awareness. This is particularly important for newer brandnames.
- Recognise the importance of sports to capitalise on development. For instance, increased uptake about hiking in addition to other outside pursuits due to Covid and the increased interest in women’s tennis in summer 2021.
- Optimise wedding with customers to ensure loyalty during a highly competitive marketplace, such when through their own applications or partnering with sports activities specific programs such mainly because Schreiber and even posting health and fitness classes or sports events virtually or even in person.
- Incorporate trend elements into designs to fully capitalize on this trend in casualisation ensuring brands keep up together with the market leader in terms of style credentials, this kind of as by simply collaborating using designers and other brands.
How can brands navigate the post-COVID-19 Apparel industry?
- Most recent forecasts for the online clothes market out to 2025
- Exactly how different areas and groups will carry out, including which will regions really are lagging at the rear of and which are performing at pre-pandemic levels
- Which classes within often the Apparel marketplace are showing resilience
- Which often brands can be driving on the web spending
- Effect of pumpiing on the Global Apparel market
- What the greatest trends tend to be that apparel businesses ought to adopt in order to succeed
Read our statement on your Way forward for the exact Apparel Marketplace Post Outbreak to gain useful insights about how to be able to best placement your manufacturer in a post-COVID-19 world.
Thank you. Please check your e-mail to download the Article.